Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rainy day fun (?)

Today I took hen to the mitsukoshi play area for the first time. Its rainy and cold(ish) and we needed a change of scenery. We are regulars at the takashimaya play area near our apartment which is free and has only a few toys in a carpeted area for the kiddos. Well, the play area at mitsukoshi is much more serious. When we pulled up in the stroller the lady at the gate took Henri's temperature, wiped the drool of his face and washed his hands with antiseptic. Then we entered the kiddy fun house and We took a tour. I showed him the slide, he clung to me. I showed him the balloons being blown about by a fan, he clung to me. I planted him down in front of this slow motion merry go round which in the end was his undoing. He stared at it for about a minute before commencing a meltdown that not even the ball pit could remedy. The lady at the gate gave me my $200NT back, even though I didn't ask for it - I guess he needs a bit more time before he can appreciate this crazy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment