Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy 10 month birthday, Henri!

Hen's getting up there, so close to the one year mark we can taste it! So hard to believe he will soon be entering into toddlerhood... 

Although I'm no expert, he's getting closer and closer to being able to walk. He has recently started to stand independently for a few seconds and even slowly lower himself down with no assistance (versus the usual plop, fall on the bottom). He loves pushing carts around and even tries to push his little activity table around the house. He'll grab onto my leg and we will walk (excruciatingly slowly) around the kitchen as I prepare his meals.

He is finally starting to really enjoy peek-a-boo... but he cheats. When I hide from him behind the side of the tub during bath time he immediately stands up to look over the edge and find me - he still screams and laughs when I say "boo" even though I'm not fooling anyone. 

He is eating lots more "solids" and only 4 bottles a day. He has recently started feeding himself little puffs and cheerios, but I haven't gotten him to extend this new talent to feeding himself bits of cheese or fruit - I cut up a banana into the same size as the puffs the other day and put a small pile of them next to the puffs - he gobbled up all puffs and left every single banana piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment