Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our first trip to the beach

Beach by mdelagrange
Beach, a photo by mdelagrange on Flickr.

This weekend we drove about an hour to the northern most point of Taiwan to a beach called Baishawan. Baishawan means white sand beach, so I read, though as you can see from the pictures this name is slightly misleading. I'm told that most Taiwanese beaches have black sand so I guess this is white by comparison... There we're many things that stood out to me - lots of people kept their clothes on, even in the water - there are rows of tents - you rent one for about $10 USD for the day. They have a very small swimming area roped off and they cram all the tents in front of it so even though there is this really nice big beach everyone's forced into a tiny area so it was quite crowded. Henri entered the ocean for the first time here - the east china sea... And no I didn't take a picture. Maxime took him in while I huddled beneath my $10 strip of shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment