Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I did miss home on Thanksgiving day - Henri and I had the whole cold and rainy day to ourselves as Maxime was at work. I tried to start a tradition with Henri by going to the movies but he mostly complained it was too loud and wanted to keep changing seats. Luckily we had a really nice dinner planned. We had six couples plus 8 kids. It wasn't home - but it was a lot like a thanksgiving dinner we would have had back home - kids running around, men sitting around (talking about football ;-), ladies providing the traditional fare... We got to try each other's family dishes - some amazing stuffing, crazy rich and delicious mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, ... I was a little disappointed that we only had four cranberry options ;-). I'm so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life here in Taiwan. I really love my friends here and I know my days here are numbered so it's easy to feel just really, really lucky to have them. Here are some photographs from last night:





 

 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment